(Company No.: 202001021254[1377574-K])
Effective Date: 1st November 2020
At Oomph Cafe Asia Sdn Bhd (‘Oomph’), we respect your concerns about privacy. This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) describes the personal information practices of Oomph with respect to your personal information when you interact with us in person or via Websites and mobile apps, including the types of personal information we collect, how we may use this information, and with whom we may share it.
Information We Collect
We may collect personal information about you when you visit our office at No. 52-b, Jalan Desa Bakti, Taman Desa, 58100 Kuala Lumpur (‘office’), or use Oomph’s Websites (“Sites”), or use our web or mobile device applications (“Mobile Apps”). We refer to our Sites and Mobile Apps collectively as “Online Services”.
The types of personal information we collect may include:
- Transaction information, such as product purchased, price, method of payment and payment details.
- Personal details such as name, postal address, email address, phone number, date of birth, nationality, gender, race, particulars of identity card, passport, photograph, image, Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) recording, income, employment record and references, tax, EPF & SOCSO details, banking and credit card details, sensitive information such as physical or mental health conditions, religious beliefs or criminal records and such other information as may be required for specific reasons during the performance of contract.
- Account information, such as username, password, and other identifiers or credentials used to access our Online Services or to acquire Oomph products and services.
- Other personal information you choose to provide when you interact with Oomph.
The circumstances in which you provide personal information may include when you:
- purchase products at our office or seek for services;
- register to use our Online Services;
- request to receive marketing or other communications;
- participate in our marketing and promotional activities, market surveys and analytics;
- use our Wi-Fi networks, kiosks or office technologies;
- engage with us through our websites and social media channels;
- seek our participation in any organized event or program;
- enter in one of our contests, competitions or prize draws;
- submit information when providing feedback;
- seek employment with us;
- seek to enter into a contractual relationship with us;
- use interactive features of our Online Services; or
- communicate with us or our authorized agents.
Where indicated, it is obligatory to provide your personal information to us to enable us to process your participation in the above activities. Should you decline to provide such obligatory personal information, we may not be able to process your request.
Information Collected Through Automated Means
The providers of third-party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins on our Online Services, such as Facebook and Instagram “Like” buttons, also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers.
Oomph’s Online Services and in-office technologies may collect precise information about the location of your mobile device or computer using geolocation and location presence awareness technologies such as GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or cell tower proximity. For most mobile devices and computer systems, you are able to withdraw your permission for Oomph to acquire this information on your location through the device or Web browser settings. If you have questions about how to disable collection of precise location information, we recommend you contact your mobile device service provider, the device manufacturer, or your Web browser provider. Please note that certain Online Services and in-office technologies may not function properly without precise location information. If you would like us to delete location information we have collected that is identifiable to you, please contact us at the email or postal address listed below. Please note that we may be required by law to retain certain information.
We may combine personal information that we collect with information we receive from other sources, information about your prior transactions with Oomph and information that is automatically collected.
How We Use the Information We Collect
Oomph may use the personal information we collect to:
- fulfill your requests or orders and process payments for our products and services;
- if you give us permission, communicate with you about products and services of Oomph or our business partners that we believe may interest you;
- communicate with you about and administer your participation in contests, competitions, prize draws, offers, promotions or special events;
- send communications to you about your orders, purchases or accounts with Oomph;
- send information to your contacts if you request us to do so;
- provide customer support, respond to, and communicate with you about your requests, questions and comments;
- enable you to post on our blogs and interact with Oomph through social media;
- personalize your experience on our Online Services and in-office technologies, such as providing you with content in which you may be interested, and making navigation to our Sites and Mobile Apps easier;
- perform data analytics, including consumer research, trend analysis, and financial analysis;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business, including the development of new products and services; determination of the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising efforts; and analysis and improvement of our products, offers, promotions, and Online Services and other technologies;
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- comply with applicable law.
We use automated information for purposes such as to (i) personalize the visitor experience in our offices or on our Online Services, (ii) deliver content (including advertising) tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users browse our Online Services or in-office technologies, and (iii) manage our business. We also use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems; administer our Online Services; identify users of our Online Services; identify a device for fraud prevention purposes, to target advertising or to personalize users’ experiences; and gather demographic information about our users. We also use automated information to determine usage patterns and how we may tailor our Online Services to better meet the needs of our users.
We may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
How We Share the Personal Information We Collect
Oomph does not sell or otherwise share personal information about you, except as described in this Privacy Statement.
Oomph may share personal information within the Oomph’s Family. The Oomph’s Family includes Oomph Corporation, its affiliates, subsidiaries, suppliers, vendors, and franchisees, inside or outside of Malaysia. Members of the Oomph’s Family that receive this information from Oomph are not authorized to use or disclose the information except as provided in this Privacy Statement.
Oomph may share personal information with vendors that provide services to Oomph, such as fulfilling orders, providing data processing and other information technology services, administering promotions, contests and prize draws, conducting research and performing analytics, and personalizing individual Oomph experiences. We do not authorize these vendors to use the personal information or to disclose it for any purpose other than to perform services on our behalf.
Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, Oomph decides to sell or transfer all or a portion of our business. We may transfer information we have collected and stored, including personal information, to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.
Oomph reserves the right to use or disclose personal information as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request, to protect the integrity of our Online Services and in-office technologies, to bring or defend against legal claims, to protect the rights, interests, safety and security of Oomph, Oomph’s employees or directors, or members of the public, or in connection with the investigation of fraud, illegal activity or violation of Oomph’s policy.
Children’s Privacy Notice
Oomph understands the importance of privacy of users of our Online Services. We are especially committed to protecting the privacy of children who visit or use our Online Services. This Children’s Privacy Notice is designed to answer your questions regarding our practices with respect to personal information we collect through our Online Services from children under the age of 13.
A. What Personal Information Does Oomph Collect?
We may offer features on our Sites which may not require a child to provide any personal information. On occasion, however, we may collect personal information, such as an email address from children as part of an activity. For example:
- We may collect a child’s email address to notify the child if he or she has won or lost a contest, competition or prize draw. In that event, we will notify the child using the email address the child supplies. We will not keep the email address or use it for any other purpose.
- We may collect a child’s email address in order to respond to a request from the child on a one-time basis, such as to send the child a screen saver. In this case we promptly delete the email address from our system once we have responded, and we do not use the address for any other purpose.
We will not collect other personal information from a child under the age of 13, such as a postal address or telephone number, without the consent of a parent or guardian. If parent or guardian consent is required, we will collect the email address of the parent or guardian so we can provide notice of our information practices and/or seek the parent’s or guardian’s consent.
Oomph will not condition a child’s participation in any online activity on the child’s disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in that activity.
B. How Does Oomph Use the Personal Information It Collects?
We use email addresses submitted by a child in order to respond to the child’s request or to notify the child if he or she has won or lost a contest, competition or prize draw they entered. We use the email address of a parent or guardian in order to provide the parent notice of our information practices or to seek the parent’s or guardian’s consent.
C. How Does Oomph Share Personal Information?
We may share a child’s personal information with third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to protect the security or integrity of our Online Services, take precautions against liability, or respond to judicial process or requests from other governmental authorities, or when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
We also may share personal information collected from children with vendors that perform services for Oomph. These services may include hosting our Sites, providing technical services to Oomph, fulfilling requests or administering a contest, competition or prize draw. We do not authorize such vendors to disclose the personal information we share with them other than as necessary to perform the relevant service for Oomph.
D. Requests from Parents Regarding Our Children’s Privacy Practices.
Parents may review personal information we have collected from their child that has not been deleted, and can request that the personal information be deleted from our records if it has not been already. Parents also may refuse to permit further collection or use of their child’s personal information, when the parent has previously provided consent. To do so, please contact us at the address, telephone number or email address provided below with your request.
E. Who Should I Contact with Questions about Children’s Privacy?
We urge parents to regularly monitor and supervise their children’s online activities. If you have any questions about our children’s privacy practices, please contact us at
Oomph Cafe Asia Sdn Bhd
52-b, Jalan Desa Bakti,
58100 Kuala Lumpur,
or email us at email@example.com
You can elect not to receive marketing communications from Oomph by contacting us at the address, telephone number or email address provided below. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still send communications to you concerning your transactions, accounts with Oomph and any contests, competitions or prize draws in which you have enrolled.
Access to and Correction and Deletion of Personal Information
If at any time you would like to access, correct, or delete personal information we have collected from you, please contact us at the email or postal address listed below. Please note that we may be required by law to retain certain information. Before Oomph is able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, we may ask you to verify your identity and/or provide other details to help us respond to your request. If you are below the age of 18, a parent, guardian or a person who is responsible for you may request access to, correction or deletion of your personal data.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Use the options in your web browser if you do not wish to receive a cookie or if you wish to set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. Click on the “Help” section of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If you disable all cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of this Site.
We may also use certain technologies to determine whether you have opened an e-mail or clicked on a link contained in an e-mail.
Please note the following:
- We use both session and persistent cookies and other tracking technologies. Tracking technologies (e.g., cookies) can either be persistent (i.e., they remain on your computer until you delete them) or session-based (i.e., they last only until you close your browser). You are always free to decline tracking technologies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of Online Services.
- We may encode and protect the tracking cookies and other tracking technologies that Oomph sets, so that only we can interpret the information stored in them.
- Where video is available on our Online Services, we may target and track the videos you view. You consent to our tracking of your video viewing through Online Services or third-party social media for up to two years, or as permitted by applicable law, or until consent is withdrawn.
On our Online Services, we may collect information about your online activities for use in providing you with advertising tailored to your individual interests. This section of our Privacy Statement provides details and explains how to exercise your choices.
Links to Other Websites and Social Media
We will otherwise treat your personal information as private and confidential and will not disclose your information to anyone outside the Oomph’s Family except where:
- where you have given permission, where we are required or permitted to do so by law;
- where required or authorised by any order of court, tribunal or authority, whether governmental or quasi-governmental with jurisdiction over Oomph’s Family;
- where we may transfer rights and obligations pursuant to our agreement(s) with you; and/or
- where we are required to meet our obligations to any relevant regulatory authority (whether in or outside Malaysia).
Oomph is committed to taking appropriate measures designed to keep personal information secure. We have in place technical, administrative, and physical procedures designed to protect personal information from accidental, unlawful or unauthorized loss, access, disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction. While we take efforts to safeguard our information systems, no website, mobile application, computer system, or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain personal information for the period of time necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement and per Oomph’s records retention policies unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
We may change this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we change the Privacy Statement, we will post the revised version here and change the “Effective Date” listed at the top of this Statement. We encourage you to check our official website periodically for the most up-to-date version of our Statement.
Throughout this Statement, “Oomph” refers to Oomph Cafe Asia Sdn Bhd (Company No.: 202001021254[1377574-K]).
How to Contact Us
Oomph Cafe Asia Sdn Bhd
52-b, Jalan Desa Bakti,
58100 Kuala Lumpur,
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org